How to Get the Most From Your Heating System
Unless you have an unlimited HVAC budget, chances are that you spend a great deal of time trying to keep comfort levels up while keeping energy costs down. This can seem like a never ending battle that only changes when the seasons do. Fortunately, there are things you can do to help get the most from your heating system and thus lower energy bills.
How to get the Most from Your Heater
- Filters – Take time to change out the filters on your system. Depending on the age and type of system the frequency will vary, but a good rule of thumb is once every three months. By changing the filter, your heater will not have to work as hard, plus you get the added benefit of cleaner, healthier air.
- Thermostat – Be sure that your thermostat is properly calibrated. A HVAC technician can do this for you as part of a basic inspection or maintenance check. You can also save money by installing a programmable thermostat that allows you to not just set the temperature in your home, but to control when the heater turns on and in what rooms, Some of them can even be controlled via your smartphone so that you can have an even more accurate use of the heater.
- Age – Sometimes the best way to get the best heating scenario is to update a system. Older heater units did not have the same standards of efficiency that we have now. If your system is more than. 10 years old, consider an update.
- Maintenance – Your HVAC unit needs to be inspected at least once a year to ensure that all the pieces and parts are working correctly in that nothing is in need of repair. Frequent checks means that you are aware of any issues and can address them before they become a problem – such as having the heater go out just as blizzard comes in!
- Temperature – There is no reason to crank your heater to 80 degrees just because it is 40 degrees outside. In fact, the HVAC can typically only get your home around 20 degrees warmer (or cooler in warm months) than the outside air.
Lower the energy bills means more money for doing those great winter time activities such as skiing or escaping to a warmer climate for a winter vacation. If you are unsure about to implement these tips, talk to a local HVAC professional to learn what your home or office needs to do. After all, when it comes to warmth and saving money, there’s nothing more important than planning and being proactive. Get started today.
Call Now For Service: 864-250-4328
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Janet_Slagell/285006